overt : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a open and observable; not secret or hidden
an overt lie
overt intelligence gathering
- The Reagan Doctrine proclaimed overt and unashamed American support for anti Communist revolution.
- Many return to Italy, captivated by the gaiety, warmth and apparent candor that are the overt features of the Italian national character.
- The white majority should quickly condemn a white candidate who practiced overt racial politics.
News & Articles
- Why The NSA Leaks Will Lead To More Economic Espionage Against American Companies
What happens when an American economy built in significant part on intellectual property collides with overt second-class treatment of foreigners who entrust their data to American networks and systems? We’re about to find out.
June 11, 2013 - Forbes
- The Brilliance Of Apple's New Ad Is In Its Subtext
Video Apple launched a new TV advertisement this week to coincide with Apple’s Worldwide Developer Conference. On its surface, it's more great advertising from Apple. But I believe there is a conscious subtext to almost every single frame of the spot that gives the ad far more power than its overt message. Give
June 11, 2013 - Forbes
- MOVIE REVIEW: 'This Is the End'
T here’s a lot of shocking material in “This Is The End,” a sacrilegious, stoner satire of a group of well known actors facing down the Rapture and its aftermath — but perhaps most shocking, for a Hollywood comedy, is the overt admission of the existence and agency of God. Seth ...
June 11, 2013 - The Washington Times
- Jimmy Carter in Washington Post
I think as far as the adverse impact on the nation around the world, this administration has been the worst in history,Carter told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette in a story that appeared in the newspaper's Saturday editions. "The overt...
- Lindsey Graham in Forbes
It would be a very overt rejection of Gen. Petraeus' leadership,said Sen. Lindsey Graham, RS.C. The military commanders "have earned the ability to carry on their mission," he said at another point.
- Evan Bayh in International Herald Tribune
You probably don't get there by having an overt, in-your-face fight with classroom teachers,Bayh said. "That's going to take a lot of political capital and divert energy from other things."