- v be heavier than
- v weigh more heavily
these considerations outweigh our wishes
- The benefits of this bold technique outweigh the risks, and the danger is not what you think FEBRUARY 9, 1998.
- Does the black community's need for renewal outweigh Farrakhan's history of demagoguery and racial hatred? For many of the marchers, the answer was yes.
- But are there benefits that might outweigh those costs? The crucial trend is not the number of hours teenagers spend in front of the screen but rather the dramatic increase in .
News & Articles
- Countdown to College By Lee Bierer, McClatchy Newspapers Securing solid letters of recommendation
The letter of recommendation will never outweigh a student’s performance in the classroom, but it can be a tipping factor in the college admissions process.
June 12, 2013 - The Buffalo News
- Poll: Majority Of Americans Comfortable With Surveillance
There is a lot of hew and cry over the leaked National Security Agency program to track phone call and Internet searches. But even privacy advocates and companies who try to help people cover their digital footprints acknowledge it is almost impossible to disconnect from the grid, and that the benefits potentially outweigh their concerns.
June 12, 2013 - NPR
- A Global Invention Lab With One Goal: Stop Climate Change
The Ocean Invention Network is trying to invent our way out of planetary catastrophe. Climate change, as British economist Sir Nicholas Stern says, is perhaps the largest market failure in human history. "The benefits of strong, early action on climate change outweigh the costs," says the Stern report (PDF), but progress on new international climate investments has stalled. Countries have failed ...
June 12, 2013 - Fast Company Magazine
- Richard Lugar in Forbes
In my judgment, the costs and risks of continuing down the current path outweigh the potential benefits that might be achieved,Lugar, R-Ind., said in a Senate floor speech. "Persisting indefinitely with the surge strategy will delay policy...
- Graeme Samuel in Stuff.co.nz
On balance, the ACCC considers that the public benefits of the co-operation agreement are not likely to outweigh the public detriments,Mr Samuel said.
- John Roberts in FOXNews (blog)
To that end Chief Justice Roberts says the First Amendment "reflects a judgment by the American people that the benefits of its restrictions on the Government outweigh the costs."