outsider : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone who is excluded from or is not a member of a group
- n a contestant (human or animal) not considered to have a good chance to win
- Betty is an outsider at Mode magazine not just because she dresses badly but also because of things that have to do directly with her ethnicity.
- BIO Son's Korean heritage made him an outsider growing up in Japan.
- As the Bronx-born daughter of Puerto Rican immigrants, Lopez, 36, has an outsider's hunger and a native's assumption of infinite possibility.
News & Articles
- 'Family Guy' Plays the Grossest Moment in 'Girls' for Laughs
Here's another reason to be mad at Seth MacFarlane. MacFarlane's show Family Guy decided to campaign for the Emmys by spoofing Girls and making light out of one of that show's most controversial scenes in order to make a point about Family Guy's outsider status.
June 13, 2013 - The Atlantic Wire via Yahoo! News
- Why is hiring a fire chief so hard?
If you can stand one more letter on the fire department issue, this is from an outsider. The Grand Island city government is not making a good name for itself to those who live in other communities. The actions of the mayor and the city administrator are beyond flaky; they’re unethical. Throwing money away for consultant studies that don’t suggest anything new is bad enough, but suspending an ...
June 13, 2013 - Grand Island Independent
- Sen. Rand Paul's Lonely Crusade Against NSA Spying
Rand Paul's opposition to the NSA surveillance program helps solidify his outsider status.
June 13, 2013 - ABC News via Yahoo! News
- Judd Apatow in Los Angeles Times
John Hughes wrote some of the great outsider characters of all time,says Apatow, the writer-director-producer whose new film, "Drillbit Taylor," is loosely based on an old Hughes story idea. "It's pretty ridiculous to hear people talk...
- John Waters in Starpulse.com (blog)
It's going to have made three young girls a big star. Three fat girls. That's even greater,Waters said. "I've had good luck with fat girls. Just call me Jack Sprat. ......" "I always thought a big girl, every outsider could identify...
- Sarah Palin in ABC News
I think because I am a Washington outsider that opponents are going to be looking for a whole lot of things that they can criticize and they can kind of beat the candidate here who chose me as his partner to kinda tear down the ticket,Palin...