outdated : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s old; no longer valid or fashionable
- Eighty-five percent of flight delays are caused by the nation's outdated air traffic control system.
- In a time of skyrocketing commodity prices, Morales, 48, earned the ire of the oil companies and the envy of other Presidents in the region by renegotiating outdated energy .
- But no matter how successful it has proved to be, Sy's children realize that this all-in-the-family management style is becoming outdated.
News & Articles
- Mishawaka school board votes in support of referendum on facilities upgrades
MISHAWAKA -- People won't move to a community with outdated schools with outdated technology.
June 12, 2013 - 22 WSBT South Bend
- Designers Think Apple's New Flat iOS Look Is 'Ugly' and 'Harsh' and Blinding
After years of complaints about Apple's cheesy, outdated, and decidedly "skeuomorphic" iPhone software look, the company and its geek design god Johnny Ive have unveiled iOS 7 and, well, nobody in the design-geek set really likes it. Well, not nobody: The Wall Street Journal, that arbiter of cool, called it "cool." And the Apple-obsessed blogger John Gruber wrote a whole post praising Ive's new ...
June 11, 2013 - The Atlantic Wire via Yahoo! News
- Pols push for sewer upgrades as Queens homes take on water
An outdated sewer system is leaving large swathes of Queens vulnerable to serious flooding, according to a pair of elected officials. “Year after year, Queens residents have been fighting the trauma and financial burden of flood damage to their homes and lives,” said Assemblymember Nily Rozic. “We cannot continue to let our working families weather [...]
June 11, 2013 - Queens Courier
- Gordon Brown in ABC News
This is not a time for conventional thinking or outdated dogma but for the fresh and innovative intervention that gets to the heart of the problem,Prime Minister Gordon Brown told a news conference.
- Barack Obama in San Francisco Chronicle
When Obama stated, "I ask Congress to move quickly on legislation that will finally reform our outdated regulatory system," he missed the point.
- Henry Paulson in Forbes
The Bear Stearns episode and market turmoil more generally have placed in stark relief the outdated nature of our financial regulatory system,Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson said in a speech Thursday in Washington.