ornateness : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n high-flown style; excessive use of verbal ornamentation
an excessive ornateness of language
- n an ornate appearance; being elaborately (even excessively) decorated
- Glass used to be prized for its ornateness and glitter; today it is important for its usefulness.
- A housewife is proud of her bathroom's cleanliness, not of its ornateness.
- But Novelist Weldon is much too fond of the kind of ornateness that clutters Iris Murdoch's lesser novelsin this case, the ponderous idea that Hamish is Rumpelstiltskin and .
News & Articles
- Heavenly dresses: at Rami Al Ali Couture
Posted in Fashion / Fashion blog / Fashion documentary / Fashion pictures / Paris fashion week It’s often the case with fashion, but doubly so for Couture: you need to see the pieces up close to fully appreciate their grandeur. At Rami Al Ali’s fall 2013 Haute Couture presentation, the ornateness of Paris’ Le Meurice Hotel didn’t take away but rather served to amplify the beauty of the dresses ...
July 4, 2013 - StyleBistro