- v be oriented
- v determine one's position with reference to another point
- v cause to point
- v familiarize (someone) with new surroundings or circumstances
- v adjust to a specific need or market
a magazine oriented towards young people
- a adjusted or located in relation to surroundings or circumstances; sometimes used in combination
the house had its large windows oriented toward the ocean view
helping freshmen become oriented to college life
the book is value-oriented throughout
- The real problem was in trying to merge transaction-oriented investment banking with relationship-oriented banking.
- Men are more visually oriented when it comes to arousal.
- Recareering into service-oriented jobs can allow them to do good while also doing well.
News & Articles
- Nevadan Aims For Success In Miss Usa Pageant, Win Or Lose
Chelsea Caswell can call herself "goal-oriented" all she wants. The point doesn't drive itself home until she mentions that, while on college spring break in Las Vegas, she applied for a job. As her friends partied it up, she went into interview mode.
June 13, 2013 - Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Some ETFs with Double-Digit Dividend Yields
Investors can choose from a number of dividend-oriented investments to quench their thirst for income, but some of the exchange traded funds that offer the beefiest yields might not be the ones you’d think ...
June 12, 2013 - ETF Trends via Yahoo! Finance
- New "Transit-Oriented Development" Planned for Ohio City
Via WKYC , Cleveland has OK'ed the plans for a mixed-used "transit-oriented development" project on the corner of Lorain and W. 25th St. in Ohio City.
June 11, 2013 - Cleveland Scene
- Mark Cuban in International Herald Tribune
I am disappointed that the commission chose to bring this case based upon its enforcement staff's win-at-any-cost ambitions,Cuban said. "The staff's process was result-oriented, facts be damned."
- Bill Belichick in USA Today
What Randy did for our team last year was outstanding,Patriots coach Bill Belichick said in a statement. "He is one of our most consistent, competitive and team-oriented players and it is undoubtedly a relationship we are excited to...
- Barack Obama in guardian.co.uk
...said China's partnership had been critical to attempts to end the recession, but again stressed the importance of balanced economic growth and pointedly praised his hosts' commitment "to move towards a more market-oriented exchange rate...