orgiastic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s used of frenzied sexual activity
- s used of riotously drunken merrymaking
- With just a little care they can combine art, design and language into an orgiastic menage-a-trois of beauty.
- We watch the homoerotic rituals of a fraternity initiation and the orgiastic excesses of an all-night "toga" party.
- Such are the African intimacies that share popularity with Roman Catholicism even to orgiastic massacres of Judas and Pontius Pilate in effigy.
News & Articles
- Ahlin: Jay Gatsby's grand saga still resonates with us
Never - not in my entire life - have I used the word "orgiastic" in a sentence. Not written. Not spoken. Returning to "The Great Gatsby" (the novel) after seeing its latest movie version by director Baz Luhrmann, however, the word jumped out at me from the text of the last page.
June 23, 2013 - The Fargo Forum
- Stefan Zweig in The Age
Stefan Zweig wrote: "All the sickly, unclean fantasies of hate that had been conceived in many orgiastic nights found raging expression in bright daylight."