organiser : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone who enlists workers to join a union
- n a person who brings order and organization to an enterprise
- n a lightweight consumer electronic device that looks like a hand-held computer but instead performs specific tasks; can serve as a diary or a personal database or a telephone or an alarm clock etc.
- Gregory Galluzzo Gamaliel Foundation, community organiser? John L McKinght Gamaliel Foundation, National People's Action?.
- They were rock superstar and debt campaigner Bono, former South African President Nelson Mandela, Israeli Premier Ariel Sharon, Live 8 organiser Bob Geldof and entrepreneur Sir .
- Its counsel: Aaron Sapiro, famed co-operative organiser who sued Henry Ford for libel.
- Sarah Palin in The Australian
Responding to criticism that her time as a small-town mayor in Alaska did not qualify her for the vice-presidential spot, Ms Palin said: "Let me explain to them what the job involves. I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a community organiser,...
- Noel Gallagher in Scotsman
At a press conference at Wembley Stadium, Gallagher said: "When Michael Eavis (Glastonbury organiser) reads about this, he will s*** himself. I wouldn't bother (playing there again). This is where it is going to be at next summer. Glastonbury...
- Mariss Jansons in International Herald Tribune
I don't know the situation, if it's injury or whatever it is. But it's just...... it just seemed really weird. When you get a sponsor invite, I think you have some responsibilities to the sponsor, to the organiser, and I can tell you that from... Annika SÃ¶renstam http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annika_S%C3%B6renstam&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNG6AwE4fc7o0iLRMyOTzGaDOy3ATA Independent Online http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.iol.co.za/index.php%3Fset_id%3D6%26click_id%3D38%26art_id%3Dnw20070607001134592C842380&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHLSth54L7qqWj2_R2rYHHXdWnPqg Jun 6, 2007
70185 94196 organism When it's good, you feel like you are one with the orchestra - like you're one organism," an exhausted but elated Jansons said later, backstage.