arranger : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person who brings order and organization to an enterprise
- n a musician who adapts a composition for particular voices or instruments or for another style of performance
- He is a record producer, entertainment mogul, writer, arranger, designer, actor, singer and three-time Grammy Awardwinning rapper.
- Robertson is listed as the writer or arranger of seven songs; the remaining 12 are credited to various members of the Red Road Ensemble.
- In the late 1940s, Davis teamed up for the first of his epochal collaborations with arranger Gil Evans.
News & Articles
- Lancaster Insurance Announce New Motorhome and RV Scheme for Enthusiasts
The well-known classic car insurance arranger Lancaster Insurance is now opening its doors to the motorhome and RV insurance market. (PRWeb June 19, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10839579.htm
June 19, 2013 - PRWeb
- CD/DOWNLOAD/ALBUM: Kenny Barron: Brazilian Knights
Pianist Kenny Barron's first bossa nova album —West Side Story Bossa Nova —was recorded in March 1963. The session was led by Barron's older brother Bill, a gifted arranger and saxophonist.
June 19, 2013 - All About Jazz
- GENERAL MUSIC INDUSTRY: Dizzy with Ernie's Almost Big Band
A few weeks ago, a Danish film went up on YouTube featuring Dizzy Gillespie Dizzy Gillespie 1917 - 1993 trumpet with saxophonist-arranger Ernie Wilkins Ernie Wilkins 1922 - 1999 arranger ' Almost Big Band in 1983. What makes this film fascinating is the behind-the-scenes banter and rehearsal in advance of their concert at the Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen, Denmark.
June 18, 2013 - All About Jazz
- Susan Stroman in New York Times
The dance music arranger is "the unsung hero of a Broadway show, and Peter was the greatest dance arranger," the Tony Award-winning director and choreographer Susan Stroman said in an interview on Wednesday. "All other arrangers today measure...
- Claude Nobs in Washington Post
Quincy is the biggest producer, composer and arranger of the 20th century. Nobody can match the spectrum of music -- African, Blues, Gospel, Brazil,Nobs said.
- Peter Gabriel in Billboard
I explored a few different ideas for arrangements using only homemade instruments [and] choral groups,Gabriel says on his Web site (PeterGabriel.com). "But in the meantime, [I] was introduced to a wonderful arranger, John Metcalfe, who was...