- n a soldier who serves as an attendant to a superior officer
the orderly laid out the general's uniform
- n a male hospital attendant who has general duties that do not involve the medical treatment of patients
- a devoid of violence or disruption
an orderly crowd confronted the president
- s clean or organized
- The Iraqis driving them in many cases were members of Saddam's Republican Guard who at least initially were conducting an orderly fighting retreat.
- During a debate in the provincial parliament of Carinthia, where he was Governor: "An orderly employment policy was carried out in the Third Reich, which the government in Vienna .
- But such an orderly transition is now endangered, and in a way that was predictable.
News & Articles
- Weather throws off Webb Simpson’s rhythm at U.S. Open
ARDMORE, Pa. -- Webb Simpson likes things orderly, but his rhythm has been knocked askew as he prepares to defend his U.S. Open championship this week at Merion Golf Club. Heavy, day-long rain in the Philadelphia area Monday prevented Simpson from getting in a practice round. And it wasn’t as easy as simply picking up and getting in another round Tuesday. His carefully crafted U.S. Open schedule ...
June 12, 2013 - WCNC Charlotte
- Pedestrian bridge put in virtually overnight to move people around at U.S. Open
HAVERFORD - When the United States Golf Association awarded the 2013 U.S. Open to Merion Golf Club seven years ago, it knew there would be a number of logistical challenges. One of those was finding a way to get fans to and from the course in an orderly fashion.
June 12, 2013 - Main Line Times
- Gazette.Net: Sandy Spring group home faces closure
Upstairs, in an orderly Sandy Spring home, a bedroom doorway reveals two twin beds covered with comforters in cartoonish bulldozer and truck prints. In the next room, a dozen pairs of neon Adidas sneakers poke out from underneath another neatly made bed.
June 10, 2013 - Gazette.net
- Dana Perino in Reuters India
There is an "orderly way to do bankruptcies that provides for more of a soft landing," Perino said. "That would be one of the options. I'm not saying that is necessarily what would be announced."
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Newsday
I think it's time to begin an orderly process of withdrawing our troops, start rebuilding our military and focusing on the challenges posed by Afghanistan,Clinton said at the Armed Services morning hearing.
- Henry Paulson in CEP News
I commend the action taken by Chairman Bair and the FDIC today to facilitate the sale of Wachovia Bank to Citigroup in an orderly fashion to mitigate potential market disruptions,said Paulson. "The FDIC's actions help to mitigate potential...