- n an authoritative person who divines the future
- n a prophecy (usually obscure or allegorical) revealed by a priest or priestess; believed to be infallible
- n a shrine where an oracular god is consulted
- There is an oracle of the presenters art, and his name is Bill Hybels.
- As a political oracle, Harry Truman bows neither to man nor public-opinion poll.
- Wingnuts may call him that, but I've heard the term used affectionately -- as the oracle who saw climate change coming but no one would listen.
News & Articles
- Oracle friends Salesforce in peace offensive
Oracle and Salesforce unveil a new partnership a day after the software giant also announced an expanded collaboration with Microsoft to beef up the companies’ cloud software businesses.
June 25, 2013 - Market Watch
- Oracle database 12c now available for download
Oracle’s long-awaited 12c database is now available for download, according to the company’s official website . Download links for the product were available on the site as of late Tuesday. While it wasn’t immediately clear when Oracle will hold a formal launch for 12c, earlier Tuesday a company official said the release would come “within a couple of weeks.” At one point it appeared 12c would ...
June 25, 2013 - PC World
- Oracle, Salesforce Unveil 'strategic Partnership'
Oracle Corp. and Salesforce.com on Tuesday unveiled a "strategic partnership" in corporate software, marking a shift in the relationship between two bitter rivals.
June 25, 2013 - FOX Business
- Scott McNealy in BBC News
Oracle and Sun have been industry pioneers and close partners for more than 20 years,said Sun chairman Scott McNealy. "This combination is a natural evolution of our relationship and will be an industry-defining event."
- Larry Ellison in ElectricNews.net
Ellison said: "BEA products will significantly enhance and extend Oracle's Fusion middleware software suite...... customers can choose among Oracle and BEA's middleware products, knowing that those products will gracefully interoperate and be...
- David Mitchell in Forbes
There has long been rivalry between SAP and Oracle,said Mitchell. "However, when Oracle accused SAP of corporate theft the rivalry took a new and exciting turn, with the prospect of the two companies resolving the dispute outside of court...