- a of or relating to or characterized by onomatopoeia
- a (of words) formed in imitation of a natural sound
it was independently developed in more than one place as an onomatopoetic term"- Harry Hoijer
- The word "snippets" was delivered with an East Coast snap teeth into an October apple for maximum onomatopoetic effect.
- Few composers have ever approached Germany's great, white-haired Richard Strauss in making music onomatopoetic.
- Neatly dressed in a dark suit, as professional in his manner as a medical-school lecturer, Coppolino even turned to the jury to give an onomatopoetic description of how irregular .
News & Articles
- Some Guy Made His Own 'Star Wars' Sound Effects
Quality sound effects can make a great movie even greater YouTube user Hudson Hongo redubbed Star Wars , replacing the original sound effects with his own onomatopoetic version. Now Star Wars fans can enjoy the battle between Darth Vader and Obi-Wan Kenobi with plenty of beeps, boops and pew-pews filling in for the original sound See also: 30 'Star Wars' Facts You Didn't Know Even without its ...
April 24, 2014 - Mashable