onomatopoeic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a of or relating to or characterized by onomatopoeia
- a (of words) formed in imitation of a natural sound
onomatopoeic words are imitative of noises
- Named after the onomatopoeic Japanese phrase for the sound of talking, Pecha Kucha Nights are spreading like wildfire through the creative professions, based on a highly .
- With its premium on delicate skill and its onomatopoeic name implying an interplay of initiative and response.
- Gorky's wildly onomatopoeic Song of the Stormy Petrel became the battle anthem of the revolution, and soon he was hip deep in politics: setting up capitalist pigeons for Lenin .
News & Articles
- A Postmodern Account of Cruel and Unusual Torture in China
The Chinese photojournalist Du Bin, who was released in July after a month’s detention by police, has published online a book he wrote years ago detailing torture in China. It consists of poems, a painting, onomatopoeic designs, and descriptions of … The post A Postmodern Account of Cruel and Unusual Torture in China appeared first on The Epoch Times .
Aug. 16, 2013 - The Epoch Times