- n a mistake resulting from neglect
- n something that has been omitted
she searched the table for omissions
- n any process whereby sounds or words are left out of spoken words or phrases
- n neglecting to do something; leaving out or passing over something
- For now, Jobs faces some smaller hurdles, like filling in a few significant gaps in the iTunes Music Store selection (the Beatles are the most glaring omission).
- There is a curious omission in the book: Johnson doesn't write about Palin's beauty queen days, when she came in second in the Miss Alaska contest and was named Miss Congeniality.
- Citing the omission of Anne's name from his will, academics have happily spun tales that she mothered a bastard, had affairs with her brothers-in-law and even seduced a Puritan .
News & Articles
- Tarkenton wants Ponder to prove he can do it
While my omission of Bud Grant may have caused the biggest stir in the Vikings’ Mt. Rushmore process, the guy who led the way in PFT Planet voting had some strong words, too. Hall of Fame quarterback Fran Tarkenton joined Pro Football Talk on NBCSN to reflect on his career with the Vikings, and to…
June 12, 2013 - NBC Sports: ProFootballTalk
- Legislature did little to slow foreclosure crisis
By Pam O’Dell, Capitol Reporter Two Studies confirm what now appears obvious: The Georgia General Assembly did very little to prevent or address the residential foreclosure crises. Acts of Omission: The Immergluck Study In 2011, researchers Dan Immergluck of the School of Regional Planning at the Georgia Institute of Technology, and Frank Alexander, Urban Housing Expert within Emory’s School of ...
June 12, 2013 - Pickens County Progress
- Letter: Dueling comics
Brad Watson, Naples: Doonesbury makes people laugh, regardless of political persuasion. Mallard Fillmore deliberately attacks and makes folks either smugly self-satisfied or angry at the blatant omission of critical facts.
June 12, 2013 - Naples Daily News
- Sheila Johnson in Winnipeg Free Press
The complete omission of slavery from an official government document, which purports to be a call for Virginians to 'understand' and 'study' their history, is both academically flawed and personally offensive,said Johnson, who helped...
- Virender Sehwag in WalesOnline
Of course his omission is going to help us,Sehwag said. "He is a player who can change the course of a match with either his batting or his bowling."
- Tendai Biti in guardian.co.uk
Biti said the party would conduct its own investigation."If there had been a police escort, what happened would not have happened; the authorities could have avoided this omission," Reuters reported him as saying.