- n a gait in which steps and hops alternate
- n a mistake resulting from neglect
- v bypass
He skipped a row in the text and so the sentence was incomprehensible
- v intentionally fail to attend
- v jump lightly
- v leave suddenly
- v bound off one point after another
- v cause to skip over a surface
- She needed to skip at least three--she was doing sixth-grade work at age 7.
- DON QUIXOTE OF THE WEEK Can there be any physical activity not yet annexed by the gym and footwear folk and marketed as the newest fitness craze? At least one--skipping down.
- Fathers tended to skip family meals, eat at work or feed their families take-out meals; mothers were likely to skip breakfast and buy restaurant or prepared entrees instead of .
News & Articles
- Termatrac Names Skip Norton as Vice President of Sales and Business Development
BRISBANE, Australia , June 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Termatrac ( www.termatrac.com ) has named Skip Norton as Vice President of Sales and Business Development. In this role, he will be responsible for global ...
June 13, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Angels to skip Joe Blanton's turn in rotation
The Los Angeles Angels have decided to skip struggling right-hander Joe Blanton's spot in the rotation for their weekend series against the New York Yankees in the Bronx, reports Mike DiGiovanna of the LA Times . More Angels: When Good News Goes Bad Signed to a two-year, $15 million deal over the winter, Blanton has been terrible for the Angels in his first two months with the club. The veteran ...
June 12, 2013 - SB Nation
- ‘Skip’ ends varied career
George “Skip” Wilson has just about done it all, but he won’t be doing as much anymore. He will not run for reelection to the East Valley Board of Directors, ending a 15-year career on the Board, including two terms as president of the Board.
June 11, 2013 - Highland Community News
- Jeff Burton in Lewiston Sun Journal
If you come home with a top five at a restrictor-plate race, you ought to skip all the way home,Burton said.
- Barack Obama in Washington Post
Obama noted that "Skip Gates is a friend, so I may be a little biased here," and he referred to the professor's account of arriving home to find a jammed door, forcing it open and then being confronted by a white police officer looking for proof...
- Colin Powell in ABC News
In an interview with CNN's Larry King to air tonight, former secretary of state Colin Powell, when asked whether "Skip" Gates was wrong, said, "I am saying Skip, perhaps in this instance, might have waited a while, come outside, talked to the...