- s containing an unusual amount of grease or oil
oily fried potatoes
- s unpleasantly and excessively suave or ingratiating in manner or speech
an oily sycophantic press agent
- s coated or covered with oil
oily puddles in the streets
- s smeared or soiled with grease or oil
get rid of rubbish and oily rags
- A banana slug is a slimy yellow mollusk that slides across the ground, leaving an oily residue wherever it goes.
- Another reason to practice a little restraint? Sticking to a low-fat diet helps reduce Alli's common and unpleasant side effects cramps, gas, diarrhea and oily discharge.
- There are few dietary sources other than oily fish.
News & Articles
- An Oily Skin Foundation That Actually Works
My oily, breakout-prone skin has always caused two dueling problems: Wearing foundation evens out my complexion and controls shine, but it inevitably slicks off (along with any other makeup I’m wearing) by mid-afternoon. I’ve tried primers to extend the staying power, but don’t like the masklike feeling of wearing two ... More »
June 11, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Summer beauty tips: How to keep hair, skin and nails looking their best
Nothing feels worse than wearing a new summer look with less-than-new-looking skin or hair. Even if you wash and style every morning, your wilted hair or oily complexion can say otherwise.
June 11, 2013 - Tulsa World
- 5 Foundations for Oily Skin
Oily skin is both a blessing and a problem: those with naturally oily skin tend to show signs of aging at a slower rate, however, no one wants to have a slick, shiny complexion in exchange for this benefit. Below are five foundations that will help even out skin tone and keep your face looking polished and oily-free. Related: MAC Prep + Prime Natural Radiance Revlon ColorStay Makeup for ...
June 7, 2013 - StyleBistro
- Gwyneth Paltrow in Post Chronicle
Gwyneth said: "Never have I met such warm people, heard such good music, eaten so much fried chicken. I could go on and on. The fried chicken is superb. Crunchy and not oily on the outside and juicy on the inside."
- Kevin Taft in 940 News
Compared to the government's $25-million publicity campaign, one picture of an oily duck is priceless,said Taft.
- Michael Mansfield in Times Online
Yesterday his barrister, Michael Mansfield, QC, alleged that the Duke had described Dodi as "an oily bedhopper".