offshore : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a (of winds) coming from the land
- s at some distance from the shore
offshore oil reserves
an offshore island
- r away from shore; away from land
cruising three miles offshore
- McCain Admitted Offshore Drilling Would Take Years to Develop: John McCain on impact of offshore drilling: "With those resources, which would take years to develop, you would .
- Demetrius Lester USAF Sipa Is waging an offshore war an option in Afghanistan? At first glance, the strategy seems to be working more or less across the border in Pakistan.
- That's not to say offshore drilling should be off limits.
- President Bush in guardian.co.uk
That means building a new generation of safe, clean nuclear power plants in this country. It means making tough decisions about opening new offshore areas for oil and gas development. It means continued investment in advanced biofuels and clean... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA The Guardian (blog) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/blog/2010/jan/28/us-politics-barack-obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFaDKBLZA9UL5ZqH_CjqHbom3CoSQ Jan 27, 2010
69391 92494 offshore As president he will stand up to the high tax crowd in Congress ...... and lift the ban for drilling on America's offshore oil," Bush added.
- Haley Barbour in New York Times
While command and control of on-water resources has improved, it must get much better, and the amount of resources to attack the oil offshore must be greatly increased,Mr. Barbour said in an e-mailed statement.