- a (of winds) coming from the sea toward the land
an inshore breeze
- s close to a shore
- r toward the shore
we swam two miles inshore
- Then another group ran a fishing boat close inshore, a few hundred feet from the Argentina, and tried to storm the beachhead from behind.
- North Atlantic codfish frolicked free last week, their doom of cream sauce deferred, while four of Gloucester's fleetest fishing schooners were racing inshore to settle old .
- Besides, inshore reefs don't have the same appeal as those further out.
News & Articles
- Snook caught in Gulf of Mexico can be harvested in September
Sharpen your fillet knives and double-check your stoutest inshore rig: Snook season opens Sept.
June 13, 2013 - The News-Press
- Thacher opening comes with new fees
ROCKPORT -- The Thacher Island Town Committee and the Thacher Island Association have announced that the distinctive inshore island with the twin lighthouses will once again be open to visitors beginning this Saturday. But this year, there will be fe
June 11, 2013 - Gloucester Daily Times
- The Big Ones
Believe it or not, the biggest snook caught down here on North Captiva island in the last fourteen years was caught by a high school classmate, Freddy -- Alvin D. Fredrickson -- to be exact. The snook, remember, is our number one inshore game fish, a good fighter and great eating. It’s our “salt water walleye” with the same body structure and personality.
June 9, 2013 - Grand Rapids Herald-Review
- Michael Oppenheimer in Mongabay.com
The general conclusion is that a healthy reef might provide twice as much protection as a dead one,Oppenheimer said. "This could translate into sparing large sections of inshore area from destruction."
- Elin Jones in BBC News
Minister for Rural Affairs Elin Jones said: "Inshore fisheries are hugely important to communities in Wales; indeed they make up the majority of the Welsh industry, which is why increased Welsh Assembly Government control is so important. The...
- Andrew George in Business Cornwall Magazine
George said: "The Minister has failed to understand how the inshore fleet operates. The traditional fishing communities like that at Cadgwith are very fragile. This is the very activity which the Government should be encouraging - people making a...