octette : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n eight performers or singers who perform together
- n a set of eight similar things considered as a unit
- n eight people considered as a unit
- n a musical composition written for eight performers
- The motif appears in the first act and is elaborated into an octette in the third act when Gianetto's plot is perfected.
- An octette of Republican ladies, wearing coonskin caps, trooped around town chanting a six-stanza ode to Sam Hopkins, written to the tune of Davy Crockett.
- An octette of Negro mess-men and other talent, with a band of pots pans, an accordion and a cornet, put on a pathetic and courageous show"The Franklin Frolics.