- n the cardinal number that is the sum of seven and one
- n eight performers or singers who perform together
- n a set of eight similar things considered as a unit
- n eight people considered as a unit
- n a musical composition written for eight performers
- And the octet learned from the natives as it went along.
- In his warscape, an octet of eight rambunctious Jews most of them American but a couple German have been set loose with the mission to kill and disfigure the enemy army.
- Before long, they swelled from a quartet to an octet, then to a chorus of 16.
- Dave Holland in JazzTimes Magazine
Some of the compositions that I've written in the past evolve in my mind a little bit over time,Holland says in a press release, adding that "One of the advantages of the sextet is that it's still a smaller unit than big band or octet, but...