- n something you have to do
he minded his own specialized occasions
- n an event that occurs at a critical time
it was needed only on special occasions
- n a vaguely specified social event
- n reason
- n the time of a particular event
- n an opportunity to do something
- v give occasion to
- In making its selection for Man of the Year for 1982, PTI reasoned that: "There are some occasions when the most significant force in a year's news is not a single individual but .
- Having met with Hu on many occasions, I invariably found him thoughtful, extremely well prepared and very courteous.
- Most occurred in pipes that are supposed to safely dispose of waste but on some occasions leaked tritium into the ground water.
News & Articles
- Modern Etiquette: Finer points of the British Summer Season
By Jo Bryant LONDON (Reuters) - The British Summer Season is here, and the next few months are packed with special days and evenings out at sporting and cultural events. Here is some essential advice on etiquette and manners for some of the summer's finest occasions. Opera Be sure to applaud only when the conductor takes to the podium (at the very beginning and after the interval), after the ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Coordinator endorses Josh Freeman
On several occasions this offseason, Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano has had the chance to give quarterback Josh Freeman a ringing endorsement. But no matter how he’s tried to phrase it, Schiano always has seemed to come up a little short. Maybe Schiano should take a lesson from his offensive coordinator. “Josh Freeman is our quarterback, and he's a heck of a player,” Mike Sullivan said ...
June 11, 2013 - ESPN Blogs
- Occasions has new owners, new strategies
Howard and Karla Curry are the new owners of Occasions Catering, one of the most established catering businesses in Olympia.
June 9, 2013 - The Olympian
- Gordon Brown in International Herald Tribune
As the police and security services have said on so many occasions, we face a serious and continuous threat to our country,Brown said. "But this incident does recall the need for us to be vigilant at all times and the public to be alert at...
- Nelson Mandela in Inquirer.net
We had great admiration for his talent and that he was able to triumph over tragedy on so many occasions in his life,Mandela added, saying Jackson had become like a member of the Mandela family.
- Richard Blumenthal in Los Angeles Times
On a few occasions, I have misspoken about my service, and I regret that,Blumenthal said. "But I will not allow anyone to take a few misplaced words and impugn my record of service to my country."