- n a vaguely specified concern
it is none of your affair
- n a usually secretive or illicit sexual relationship
- n a vaguely specified social event
the party was quite an affair
- In her 30 years of counseling couples, Mira Kirshenbaum has discerned 17 reasons that people have extramarital affairs.
- Mira Kirshenbaum's new book explores why extramarital affairs happen, and how they can be managed.
- Massachusetts Republicans have jumped on the Frank affair, and the latest poll shows that only 45% of the Congressman's constituents still look on him favorably -- a blow but not .
- Nouri al-Maliki in International Herald Tribune
It is an Iraqi affair dealing with Iraqis,Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki told AP on a return flight to Baghdad from New York where he appeared at the UN General Assembly. "Iraqis are eager for Iraq's unity. ...... Dividing Iraq is a...
- Sepp Blatter in BBC Sport
In France they have made an 'affair d'etat' with football, but football remains in the hands of the federation,said Blatter. "We will help the national association and if it cannot be solved by consultation, then the only thing we have is...
- Mark Thompson in Reuters UK
A 12-week suspension is an exceptional step, but I believe it is a proportionate response to Jonathan's role in this unhappy affair,Thompson said in a statement.