- s ill-mannered and coarse and contemptible in behavior or appearance
her stupid oafish husband
- They are tough and oafish, satisfied with garbage; he's a devotee of the late, famed chef Gusteau (Brad Garrett) and his mantra, "Anyone can cook.
- By the early hours of the next day nine more Israelis were dead, along with five of the terrorists and a Munich policeman, after an oafish rescue attempt at a military airfield in .
- PRO: The Cambridge grad's anti-Semitic satire about an oafish reporter from Kazakhstan exposed American prejudice and ignorance.
News & Articles
- Cars.com Reviews the 2014 Ford Taurus
During Cars.com's $38,000 Full-Size Sedan Challenge, Ford's largest sedan couldn't quite keep up with competitive entries from Chrysler, Chevrolet and Hyundai thanks to weak power and oafish handling, says Cars.com reviewer Kristin Varela. Two big Taurus plusses — literally —...
Sept. 10, 2013 - Cars.com
- Gerald Ford in New York Times
The portrayal of me as an oafish ex-jock made for good copy,Mr. Ford wrote. "It was also funny."
- George Clooney in Dominican Today
We decided to use McCarthy, the way Murrow did. If we used an actor, people would say he was too oafish or too large. It was better to let him do it in his own words and it was much cheaper,Clooney said in a recent interview.
- Robert Grossman in New York Times
All humor is intrinsically subject to misinterpretation,Robert Grossman, a cartoonist, said this week on the Web site of The Nation magazine. "I am sure there are some oafish Americans out there who believe in ghosts and Bigfoot, who will...