nutrition : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (physiology) the organic process of nourishing or being nourished; the processes by which an organism assimilates food and uses it for growth and maintenance
- n a source of materials to nourish the body
- n the scientific study of food and drink (especially in humans)
- There are now regular nutrition programs in 2,000 Honduran communities, out of a total of 30,000.
- But while nutrition may certainly play a role in diabetes treatment, it has little to do with curing hyperthyroidism, Willett says.
- But ordinary people are not nutrition professionals.
News & Articles
- Illinois Nutrition Assistance program now closed
The Illinois Department of Human Services says it's no longer accepting applications from flooding victims for its federal disaster nutrition assistance program.
June 23, 2013 - KWQC-TV 6 Davenport
- Senior nutrition program returns
With farmers’ market season in full swing, the Nebraska Department of Agriculture’s Senior Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program is back. The program, in its 13th year, provides low-income senior citizens with coupons that can be exchanged for fresh locally grown fruits, vegetables, herbs and honey from NDA-certified produce vendors.
June 22, 2013 - Fremont Tribune
- RealDose Nutrition Announces Release of Omega-3TG (Fish Oil), Purporting Superior Quality Versus Competing Brands ...
Real Dose Nutrition, makers of popular fat burner Weight Loss Formula No. 1, now introduces a clinically tested and approved Omega-3 supplement with the promise of improvement to multiple health functions. (PRWeb June 19, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/overallhealth619/omega3tgreview/prweb10852166.htm
June 20, 2013 - PRWeb
- Arnold Schwarzenegger in Reuters
California is a leader in promoting health and nutrition, and I am pleased to continue that tradition by being the first state in the nation to phase out trans fats,said Schwarzenegger, a former bodybuilding champion.
- Tom Harkin in International Herald Tribune
Today marks the largest beef recall in US history, and it involves the national school lunch program and other federal food and nutrition programs,said US Sen. Tom Harkin, chairman of the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Agriculture,...
- Ann M Veneman in Business Mirror
Global commitments on food security, nutrition and sustainable agriculture are part of a wider agenda that will help address the critical issues raised in this report,Unicef Executive Director Ann Veneman said.