- s of textiles; having a rough surface
- Inside the conference facility, the faded carpet is nubby with wear, the mirrors that line the halls are dim and pock-marked, and fluorescent lights cast green shadows .
- One of the best advertisements for Thailand's soft, nubby silk cloth is the country's delicately beautiful Queen Sirikit, who has her gowns designed by Balmain.
- Sherlock Holmes became a tweed icon at the turn of the last century after sporting nubby wool capes while on the trail of London's miscreants.
News & Articles
- News: Orbotix announces Sphero 2.0 robotic ball
Orbotix has announced Sphero 2.0 ($130), the new edition of its iOS-compatible robotic gaming ball. Sphero 2.0 boasts a new motion engine that’s twice as fast as the original Sphero, and updated multicolor LEDs make Sphero 2.0 three times brighter than its predecessor. Sphero 2.0 also features brand new accessories — it comes with two ramps, and Nubby covers for harsher environments are sold ...
Aug. 14, 2013 - iLounge
- Chester Pitts in Houston Chronicle
I would bet every dollar I have that our field is top five in every category from looking good to being functional to being smooth and thick,Pitts said. "As offensive linemen, we can even wear our nubby, Cadillac-type cleats on it. Our...
- David Akers in Philadelphia Inquirer
Some are nubby, and some are softer leather,Akers said. "You want the smoother-leather ones because they have more compression and will go farther."