nowruz : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (Persian) the new year holiday in Iran and Azerbaijan and Afghanistan and Pakistan and parts of India and among the Kurds; comes at the vernal equinox
News & Articles
- 2014 Farhang Short Film Festival's Top Six Nominees Selected
The Top 6 Nominees of the 6th Annual Farhang Foundation Short Film Festival have officially been announced. They are Aghaye Past (Canada), Brain of Terror (USA), Bride of Rain (Iran), K-von Presents: A Splash of Nowruz (USA), Lady with Flower-Hair (Iran), andLegend of Gheysar (USA).
Feb. 18, 2014 - Payvand Iran News
- Barack Obama in New York Times
Nowruz is just one part of your great and celebrated culture,Mr. Obama said. "Over many centuries your art, your music, literature and innovation have made the world a better and more beautiful place."
- Shimon Peres in International Herald Tribune
Peres spoke in Hebrew for most of the blessing, but then ended his address with a traditional Persian holiday greeting in Farsi: "May your Nowruz be a victory, and every day be Nowruz!"
- Manouchehr Mottaki in Sify
Showing a cool reaction to Obama's offer, Mottaki said:"It is nice that Nowruz is used as an occasion for messages of peace and friendship - but as far as other aspects (in the message) are concerned, they are under evaluation," Mottaki said.