- n procaine administered as a hydrochloride (trade name Novocain)
- A novocaine order handed last week to Maybelle Viall.
- Nerve block with novocaine or alcohol gives quick relief.
- Farther down toward the pain-associated nerve endings we create neural blockade with topical anesthetics (like what the dentist puts on your gum so you don't feel the novocaine .
- Ben Howland in SI.com
UCLA coach Ben Howland called the Bruins' earliest tip-off this season "a root canal without Novocaine."
- Rich Brooks in Kentucky.com
It was a very strange game,Kentucky Coach Rich Brooks said. "It was like going to the dentist and getting five or six shots of novocaine because the tooth wasn't numb."
- Doug Buffone in Chicago Tribune
Doug Buffone told me about a game against Detroit in which "they literally shattered my teeth, the nerves were sticking out and the pain was just firing through my head. But they stitched me up at halftime, put Novocaine in my mouth to kill the pain...