notation : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a technical system of symbols used to represent special things
- n a comment or instruction (usually added)
he added a short notation to the address on the envelope
- n the activity of representing something by a special system of marks or characters
- Given that there are more than 17,000 pharmaceutical brands and generics available, a spoken request for Celebrex, for instance, can be mistaken for Celexa, or a notation .
- Nick Baines, the Bishop of Croydon, says such notation makes little difference.
- If there were a city called Hedgefundville, you'd need scientific notation to calculate the differential.
News & Articles
- Kindermusik Move & Groove
From the moment you became a parent, you wanted the best for your child. In class, we engage your child in music and movement activities that also promote language, social and emotional skills, early math and literacy, physical coordination, creativity and more. Plus your child will learn basic music vocabulary and notation-all setting the stage for future school success and formal music lessons ...
June 16, 2013 - WPXI Pittsburgh
- Damon Albarn in guardian.co.uk
The idea of [a knowledge of staff notation] being completely absent from the most important exams of your childhood is disgraceful,Albarn told BBC Music magazine. "I used to write for small orchestras when I was 15. I sold my soul to the...
- Mark Geragos in USA Today
Geragos said he became aware of the tip about six weeks before the verdict and later discovered "a small notation in hundreds of pages of tip sheets" provided by prosecutors before the trial.
- John McCain in Media Matters for America
McCain wrote: "I respectfully request that each member of the commission advise me, in writing no later than close of business on Tuesday, Dec. 14, 1999, whether you have already acted upon these applications in the course of the notation voting...