nosy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s offensively curious or inquisitive
he flipped through my letters in his nosy way
- A consequence of Salinger's evasions is that he has become as famous for defending his privacy against nosy admirers and journalists as he is for writing The Catcher in the Rye .
- She turned 40 the book before this and lives there with her husband, who is a vet and just gets in one mess after another because she's too nosy.
- The funny thing is, even after asking so many nosy questions on the site, from whether people like eggs over easy to if they ever kissed someone who they weren't all that attracted .
News & Articles
- Gayle King On Success: Grow Up And Figure It Out
With aspirations of becoming a child psychologist, Gayle King, a self-described ?nosy kid,? found her true passion thanks to a local TV newsroom job during college. ?I was hooked from day one,? she recalls. Since then, King has established herself as a power player in the notoriously fickle world of media. Today, she co-anchors the "CBS This Morning" show along with Charlie Rose and Norah O ...
June 13, 2013 - Forbes
- Cedric Maxwell in SI.com
I am going to say a few things about Dennis Johnson, like how nosy he was,Maxwell said. "We would go to each NBA city and call a Realtor up and go see the most expensive homes, knowing we weren't buying anything. He's looking at me right...
- John Bracewell in Stuff.co.nz
That is certainly an option and we'll make a decision when we get to Adelaide and have a nosy [at the pitch],Bracewell said.
- Jim Leyland in MLB.com
I couldn't care less,Leyland said Sunday. "Maybe that sounds terrible, but I'm just getting sick of it. To me, it's becoming like the nosy neighbor. Everybody knows there's been some involved. Everybody knows. So what's the big deal about...