- n the compass point midway between north and east; at 45 degrees
- n the northeastern region of the United States
- n the direction corresponding to the northeastward compass point
- n a location in the northeastern part of a country, region, or city
- s situated in or oriented toward the northeast
the northeasterly part of the island
- s coming from the northeast
- r to, toward, or in the northeast
- President Bush won the northeast corner of the state with two-thirds of the vote in 2004, the same margin that elected the last Republican congressman there in 2006.
- Gawng Lang sits on a lonely hilltop in northeast Burma, sheltered by gently swaying bamboo.
- The African regions are divided neatly by a boundary running northeast through Ghana, Togo, Dahomey, Upper Volta, Niger, Mali, and into Algeria (see map).
- John McCain in NEWS.com.au
We've won some of the biggest states in the country. We have won primaries in the West, the South, the Midwest, and the Northeast,senator McCain told his supporters. "And although I've never minded the role of the underdog ...... we must...
- Barack Obama in Reuters
North Korea is directly and recklessly challenging the international community. North Korea's behavior increases tensions and undermines stability in Northeast Asia,Obama said in a statement.
- Hu Jintao in guardian.co.uk
Still, Hu agreed with Lee that the "rocket launch would negatively affect peace and stability in Northeast Asia and there should be a discussion among related countries" after it takes place, Lee's office said.