nawr thees twerd
- n the compass point midway between north and east; at 45 degrees
- s toward the northeast
- r in a northeastward direction
the river flows northeastward to the gulf
- It picked up her whirling mass and carried it north northeastward at 18 to 20 m.
- From there, camouflaged with netting and supported by tanks and heavy artillery, they thrust northeastward along a U-shaped front into East Pakistan.
- But the German armored divisions rumbled smoothly through Belgium and swerved northeastward behind the Maginot Line.