normal : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n something regarded as a normative example
- a conforming with or constituting a norm or standard or level or type or social norm; not abnormal
serve wine at normal room temperature
normal diplomatic relations
normal working hours
normal word order
the normal course of events
- a in accordance with scientific laws
- a being approximately average or within certain limits in e.g. intelligence and development
a perfectly normal child
of normal intelligence
the most normal person I've ever met
- s forming a right angle
- A quarter-pound of meat stimulates almost twice as much gastric juices as does a quarter-pound of bread or other carbohydrates, and is correspondingly better for normal digestion.
- Normal blood pressure increases with age, ranges from no to 135 for a normal adult male.
- Sixty percent said life in their community had returned to normal since the attacks, yet 58 percent said the country was in deep and serious trouble the highest percentage .
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in CNN International
Clinton stated that the recent violence in Gaza "must only increase our determination to seek a just and lasting peace agreement that brings real security to Israel, normal and positive relations with its neighbors, and independence, economic...
- Ben Bernanke in BusinessWeek
If the plan isn't passed, Bernanke warned the Senate on Sept. 23, "the economy will just not be able to recover in a normal, healthy way."