nonracial : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a not racial; having nothing to do with race or races
his remarks were intended to be completely nonracial
a nonracial reason for the peremptory challenge of the juror
- GLOBE AND MAIL, CANADA: "If the all-race election of 1994 was the birth of nonracial democracy in South Africa, then the constitution was the birth certificate.
- These days, South Africa boasts one of the most liberal constitutions anywhere and officially embraces the ideal of a "nonracial" society.
- But most militia groups claim to be nonracial, nonpolitical outfits ( interested only in preserving the Constitution and core American values.
News & Articles
- South Africa struggles to live up to Nelson Mandela's legacy
The revered leader envisioned a prosperous nonracial democracy. But today, many problems once attributed to apartheid stubbornly remain under Mandela's beloved African National Congress. JOHANNESBURG, South Africa — Nelson Mandela didn't coin the term "Rainbow Nation" or the phrase "Proudly South African." But the optimism, determination and compassion of the country at its best owed everything ...
Dec. 6, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Mandela's Inaugural Speech, May 1994
Mandela's Legacy Is Unblemished.False. For most of the world, Nelson Mandela is a hero of the struggle against apartheid and for nonracial democracy.
Dec. 6, 2013 - Foreign Relations
- After Mandela, South Africa's Ruling Party Struggles
JOHANNESBURG—Nearly two decades ago, Nelson Mandela swept to the presidency on a wave of voter support for an inclusive, nonracial society. In the past few years, as South Africa has slid into economic torpor, Mr. Mandela's torchbearers have become as divided as the country they govern. Those divisions reflect a ruling African National Congress at odds over how to take the country forward and ...
Dec. 5, 2013 - The Wall Street Journal via Yahoo! News
- Paul Clement in Minneapolis Star Tribune (subscription)
However we would be greatly mistaken if we took this immensely positive development as signifying that the rugby administrators, the players and the nation have accomplished the shared goal of building rugby as a nonracial sport at all levels, on a... Thabo Mbeki http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thabo_Mbeki&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHi7lAXP4NkNmUK8EizMzw_FSLodQ International Herald Tribune http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/10/19/sports/AF-SPT-RUGU-WCup-South-Africa-Mbeki.php&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEgrMPlB7r3TiQOv8JSien74tMn5w Oct 19, 2007
68137 90874 nonracial The promise of this court's landmark decision in Brown ...... was to achieve a system of determining admission to the public schools on a nonracial basis," US Solicitor General Paul Clement wrote in his brief to the court. "Race-based school...
- Jacob Zuma in Sowetan
We know that you expect nothing more from the masses of our people than to see the fulfilment of the vision of a peaceful, prosperous, nonsexist, nonracial and democratic SA,Zuma said. "You have always provided leadership and direction...