nonelected : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s filled by appointment rather than by election
- Qureshi, a nonelected official, was imported from his home in Washington to ensure a fair campaign.
- Gates' foundation makes him one of the most powerful nonelected actors on the global stage.
- Gerald Ford, the nonelected President, has crisscrossed the country for months in a forlorn attempt to build a constituency among Republicans that would guarantee him the party's.
News & Articles
- House panel meets on UT Regent Hall impeachment
A Texas House panel investigating University of Texas System Regent Wallace Hall heard its first round of testimony in an investigation that could lead to the first impeachment of a nonelected official in state history.
Oct. 22, 2013 - FOX 7 Austin
- UT Regent Was On A 'Witch Hunt' And Should Be Impeached, State Lawmaker Says
A Texas House panel investigating University of Texas System Regent Wallace Hall heard its first round of testimony today in Austin. The investigation could lead to the first impeachment of a nonelected official in state history. Some state lawmakers have accused Hall of misusing the authority of his office in an effort to force out UT Austin President Bill Powers.
Oct. 22, 2013 - KERA North Texas
- Tim Eyman in Seattle Times
Voters have come to expect opponents' threats, lies, and scare tactics when it comes to our initiatives; this is no different,Eyman said. "But once the voters approve I-985, the elected and nonelected officials who work for the people must...
- Bob Schillerstrom in Chicago Daily Herald
Nonelected officials have killed their work. That idea should be disturbing to each and every one of you,he said at Tuesday's county board meeting. "We now have appointed officials effectively vetoing long-held county economic policy....
- Wayne L. Niederhauser in Salt Lake Tribune
There's been concern about the disconnect between taxpayers being able to hold those nonelected board members accountable,said Sen. Wayne Niederhauser, R-Sandy.