- n acute ulceration of the mucous membranes of the mouth or genitals; often seen in undernourished children
- Others are indirect victims, burned while trying to use jet fuel for cooking, scarred by a wasting sickness called noma which is brought on by malnutrition, or crippled by other .
- But the traditional toko-noma, the alcove in which the family displayed its scrolls and flower arrangements, has given way to built-in cupboards.
News & Articles
- Crimson Dragon no longer Kinect-only, uses controller
Crimson Dragon , originally designed as a showpiece for Kinect, is now controlled primarily with a controller. The once Xbox 360 and now Xbox One exclusive abandoned full Kinect control after feedback was received from "passionate fans" - possibly from an accidentally released demo - Microsoft Studios lead producer Yutaka Noma tells Joystiq. The game will still feature Kinect support alongside ...
June 11, 2013 - Joystiq
- Texas Chef Najat Kaanache Claims She Invented Cronuts in February
Kaanache with White House chef Bill Yosses. A former soap opera actress who became a cook who documented her stages at Alinea, the French Laundry, and Noma on her blog has now taken to Twitter in an attempt to set the record straight about cronuts . Najat Kaanache, who's the chef of Private Social in Dallas, says that not only did she invent the cronut, but she also wants the world to know she ...
June 10, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Chicks On The Scene: Christina Milian, Nia Long, Eve & Trina
Christina Milian is working those red tresses! Last week, blogger Perez Hilton hosted the the Viva Diva Wines Annual Poolside Summer Bash at NoMa in New York, and along with a slew of reality TV chicks from Jersey Shore, Mob Wives, and Real Housewives of Atlanta, Christina was there looking cute in a black River [...]
June 10, 2013 - Necole Bitchie
- Adrian Fenty in Washington Times
First NPR, now the Justice Department,Mr. Fenty said. "This week has been an incredible ride for NoMa."
- Anne Krassilowsky in Net Newsledger
President Anne Krassilowsky commented, "NOMA recognizes that the views of our members are diverse in regards to some specific details of the proposal for Forest Tenure Reform; however, we are also confident that there are many principles that are...
- Eleanor Holmes Norton in Washington Post
Norton said she was pleased that the city was "landing another big one in NoMa."