noisy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a full of or characterized by loud and nonmusical sounds
a noisy cafeteria
a small noisy dog
- s attracting attention by showiness or bright colors
a noisy sweater
- In a family of noisy eaters, he is perhaps the loudest, at least in decibel-to-kilogram ratio.
- Snowblowers are noisy and bad for the environment, and shoveling the stuff can send you right into cardiac arrest.
- When we searched for the Hilton Las Vegas, for example, TripKick told us not only which rooms had the best view, but also which were too close to the elevators and noisy vending .
News & Articles
- Huge hikes for tenants
Hundreds of thousands of tenants were slammed last night with the highest rent increases in five years — 4 percent for one-year lease renewals and 7.75 percent for two-year renewals. The hikes were passed at a noisy hearing of the Rent Guidelines Board at Cooper Union, attended by about 100...
June 21, 2013 - New York Post
- Local Little League Playoffs
The Minor League Yankees are shown shortly after Tuesday's 20-7 title win over the D-Backs. Courtesy Tamara Haas/Noisy Water ImagesThe champion Major League Yankees celebrate Wednesday's 18-15 win over the Dodgers.
June 20, 2013 - Ruidoso News
- Rover - Austin P6 Reviews - Page 3 of 3
Collapsed water pump, burnt out ignition contacts, front and rear shock absorbers. Noisy hydraulic tappets, worn camshaft. The old Rover is a superb performer still clocking 0-60 in just under 9 seconds.
June 20, 2013 - Carsurvey.org
- Ben Bernanke in TheStreet.com
Inflation pressures appear to have abated somewhat,Bernanke said in his prepared testimony, before adding that the "monthly data are noisy, however, and it will consequently be some time before we can be confident that underlying inflation...
- Barack Obama in The Gazette (Montreal)
There are going to be a wide range of viewpoints that are presented,Obama said. "And that's how it should be because that's what America is about. That's part of the magic of this country is that we are diverse and noisy and opinionated."
- Rafael Benitez in Sleaford Today
Benitez said: "It will be different at Anfield, there we are expected to win and we will have our own fans behind us. Liege had their very noisy fans for the first leg."