nodule : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a small node
- n small rounded wartlike protuberance on a plant
- n (mineralogy) a small rounded lump of mineral substance (usually harder than the surrounding rock or sediment)
- The nodules contain significant amounts of manganese, essential for making steel, as well as other valuable metals, including copper, nickel and cobalt.
- Were the nodules cancerous? Was the fallout to blame? Inflamed Glands.
- Though the precise source of Ruby's cancer remained undetermined, tests showed a malignancy in a lymph node in his neck and a cluster of nodules in the chest and lungs.
News & Articles
- Get checked, that lump may be a thyroid nodule
Thyroid nodules are an abnormal growth of thyroid cells that forms a lump within the thyroid gland. They are common and often discovered during routine physical examinations. While the majority of nodules are benign (noncancerous), approximately 5 to 10 percent are malignant. read more
July 24, 2013 - Standard-Examiner