nitride : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a compound containing nitrogen and a more electropositive element (such as phosphorus or a metal)
- Different semiconductor materials produce different colors; Nakamura used gallium nitride, which generates blue and white light.
- Reason: "The compound NH1H22 would be called di-diplogen mono-hydrogen nitride.
- At this temperatureclose to absolute zerocolumbium nitride becomes.
News & Articles
- Research and Markets: Global Gallium Nitride Semiconductor Devices Market Report 2013-2016 - NXP Semicondusctors, RF ...
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Global Gallium Nitride Semiconductor Devices Market 2012-
June 13, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Microwave Chip Capacitors offer long-term stability.
Consisting of Oxide/Nitride layer, Series 8000 offers working voltage >50 V and capacitance from 2.0–600 pF, while Series 8100 offers working voltage of more than 100 V and capacitance from 0.1–399 pF. Gold contacts are provided on front and back, and die thinness of as little as 3 mils is achievable for limiting inductance. Devices are suited for applications that require DC ...
June 12, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Northrop Grumman Begins Sampling New Gallium Nitride Packaged Power Amplifier
Redondo Beach CA (SPX) Jun 12, 2013 Northrop Grumman has developed a new gallium nitride (GaN) flange packaged power amplifier, APN180FP, targeting military and commercial Ka-band communication applications. This product represents the first commercial availability of a packaged, GaN-based component from the company. "The APN180FP provides customers with a powerful, easy-to-use, high-frequency ...
June 11, 2013 - Space War
- Shuji Nakamura in EETimes.com
It is really challenging to get a high yield in gallium nitride device production,said Shuji Nakamura, a professor of materials engineering at the University of California, Santa Barbara, who is best known as a pioneering developer of...