nitrate : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any compound containing the nitrate group (such as a salt or ester of nitric acid)
- v treat with nitric acid, so as to change an organic compound into a nitrate
- One hundred years ago Chile exported its first ton of nitrate of soda.
- But in Lucerne representatives of ten nitrate producing countries failed to come to an understanding, saw their cartel crash to pieces when Germany stubbornly stood its ground.
- Doctors often find the nicknames convenient, since diagnosis is not always easy and many varieties respond to standard treatment: cleaning, painting with silver nitrate and other .
News & Articles
- San Tan Valley residents upset over water quality, pressure
After high nitrate and E. coli scares in their water supply, some San Tan Valley residents are saying their water is discolored and the pressure is next to nothing.
June 11, 2013 - CBS 5 Phoenix
- High Nitrate Levels Cause Concern for Cedar Rapids Drinking Water
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa- Wet weather and flooding is causing nitrate levels in rivers to rise. Nitrate levels reached one of its highest points ever on the Cedar River last month before the recent flooding. Levels normally go up as rain washes nitrogen fertilizer from farm fields into the rivers.
June 5, 2013 - KCRG-TV9 Cedar Rapids
- Iowa copes with nitrate surge in drinking water
Iowa copes with nitrate surge in drinking water Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 6:48 am, Wednesday, June 5, 2013 Public officials say the problem will pass, but others worry about the potential risks of a compound called nitrate, which has reached levels never seen in Iowa ...
June 5, 2013 - Beaumont Enterprise