nipa : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n monotypic genus of palms of Australasia
- n made from sap of the Australasian nipa palm
- For 4,000,000 Filipinos had left their nipa huts and tethered carabaos, their paddies and abaca fields, copra sheds and sugar centrals to cast their votes in a free election.
- Allegedly this now secret process may revolutionize the sugar industry, cause nipa palms to spring up in place of sugar cane or sugar beets.
- In his 53 years, Carlos Romulo had climbed fast far from the nipa shacks and tin roofs of his little town of Camiling, 75 miles north of Manila in Luzon.
News & Articles
In the midst of the Ocean of Nectar, where covered with groves of heavenly wishing trees is the Isle of Gems, in the mansion of wishing jewels with its grove of nipa trees, on a couch composed of Siva and the other gods, your seat a mattress which is Supreme Siva — some few lucky ones worship you [Devi, Supreme Female Deity], a flood of consciousness and bliss….
July 3, 2013 - San Diego Reader