nimby : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone who objects to siting something in their own neighborhood but does not object to it being sited elsewhere; an acronym for not in my backyard
- Beyond that, there's the nimby problem.
- Conservatives have lamented the fact that today's newest associations are often parochial, nimby-style protest groups.
- Every time I see bulldozers in the forest, and new raw earth, and a new house going up a few miles away, I feel like a beleaguered animal myself (the scribbling nimby, a shy but .
- Barbara Hall in Chatham Daily News
NIMBY syndrome was a prevailing theme throughout the consultations,said Hall.
- Glenn in The Republican - MassLive.com
A lot of people from Boston point a NIMBY finger at Cape Cod, but if someone proposed a series of wind turbines down the Charles River there would be an uproar,said Glenn Wattley, president of the Alliance to Protect Nantucket Sound.