nimble : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s moving quickly and lightly
as nimble as a deer
- s mentally quick
- Marshal Edward Smigly-Rydz, chief of Poland's vanquished armies, acquired his double-barreled name when army companions nicknamed him "Smigly" (nimble) to describe his.
- In the old days of the Internet (about a year and a half ago), only very nimble Netizens had music living in their computers.
- The former New York Senator, who died Wednesday at 76 from complications arising from a burst appendix, was known for his sharp wit and his nimble mind.
News & Articles
- Build up ankles to minimize future sprains - Sat, 15 Jun 2013 PST
DEAR DOCTOR K: I tend to sprain my ankle fairly often. Are there any exercises that could help me strengthen my ankles and prevent future sprains? DEAR READER: Your ankles are remarkable joints. They must bear the full weight of your body, yet stay nimble and flexible.
June 15, 2013 - The Spokesman-Review
- Ask Dr. K: Build up weak ankles
Dear Dr. K: I tend to sprain my ankle fairly often. Are there any exercises that could help me strengthen my ankles and prevent future sprains? Dear Reader: Your ankles are remarkable joints. They must bear the full weight of your body, yet stay nimble and flexible.
June 15, 2013 - The Monterey County Herald
- Cheetah's acceleration power key to their success
WASHINGTON (AP) — Everyone knows cheetahs are blazingly fast. Now new research illustrates how their acceleration and nimble zigzagging leave other animals in the dust and scientists in awe.
June 12, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Barack Obama in New York Daily News
Time and again, we've learned that quickly piecing together information and taking swift action is critical to staying one step ahead of a nimble adversary,Obama said.
- Donald Kohn in Earthtimes (press release)
Fed Vice Chairman Donald Kohn said market uncertainties required "flexible and pragmatic policymaking -- 'nimble' is the adjective I used a few weeks ago" -- leading some investors to believe the Fed was still open to lowering interest rates.
- Oscar Tabarez in The Guardian
He's a great footballer,said Tabarez. "He's very fast, very nimble, very long strides. When he shifts his body, it's difficult to react. With Robben back, this Holland side benefits greatly. They were already very good without him, but now...