nighthawk : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person who likes to be active late at night
- n mainly nocturnal North American goatsucker
- It has fallen to Vice President Cheney, a nighthawk with a darker imagination, to focus our fears.
- Some birds, like the nighthawk, can feign a broken wing to lure predators away from a nest.
- At 4 o'clock one morning, an automobile driven by one Abe Schnider, Washington nighthawk, careened into and through the iron entrance gate at the southwest corner of the White .