- n an iron with considerable loft
- He won nine of the next eleven holes, clinched the match on the 41st green by pitching a niblick shot dead and dropping the putt for a 4 while Watrous, on the green in 2, took 5.
- To an interviewer who asked him what he thought of Merion, Craig Wood gave an airy definition: "A mashie-niblick course.
- Those magical Scottish names, the cleek, and the spoon, the baffy and of course that old standby the mashie niblick, says Wodehouse, are about to become as rarenot to say .
News & Articles
- The Morning Line, 6/13, Golf in a shoebox
The Morning Man gets cranky(er) if he has to talk Club all day, every day, right off the top. So let’s go with another lead this AM. Gowf, as Shivas Irons would say. (What, you don’ t know Shivas Irons? You absolutely should, even if you don’t know a mashie from a niblick. If you ...
June 13, 2013 - The Cincinnati Enquirer