ngo : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an organization that is not part of the local or state or federal government
- One foreign NGO worker who was in Rangoon recalls that he saw just one military truck on the streets in the hours after the cyclone abated.
- Nearby, 10 carpenters who work with my nongovernmental organization (NGO) are creating a library for a buyer in Tokyo.
News & Articles
- NGO Funding Deadline Approaching
Time is running out to apply for nonprofit agencies to apply for non-governmental funding through Lafayette Consolidated Government. The NGO application process ends June 28th at 4:30.
June 12, 2013 - KLFY Lafayette
- Russia's growing NGO crackdown turns to environmental, cultural groups
The numbers of Russian nongovernmental organizations ordered to register as "foreign agents" – a term that connotes "spy" in Russian and nothing else – continues to mount, and could ultimately reach about 100, according to the Russian Justice Ministry.
June 10, 2013 - Christian Science Monitor via Yahoo! News
- NGO alliance InterAction pledges $750 million at London nutrition summit
LONDON, June 7, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Members of the NGO alliance InterAction have pledged to invest more than $750 million in nutrition programs over the next five years, the U.S.-based group said in a joint statement with the 1,000 Days Partnership.(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20121101/DC04603LOGO)The InterAction pledge will be officially announced on Saturday at the ...
June 7, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! News
- Bernard Kouchner in International Herald Tribune
I learn with profound joy of the liberation of the three Afghan hostages working for the NGO Terre d'Enfance,a statement by Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner said.
- Suhasini Mani Ratnam in Times of India
I've known Aishwarya since Iruvar because I was her dialogue coach for the film. I've heard reports about me directing a film with her, but they're not true. I haven't even given it a thought because I'm very busy with my NGO work,she explains.
- Wyclef Jean in Reuters UK (blog)
As a young NGO (nongovernmental organization) : have we made mistakes before? Yes,Jean said at a news conference in New York. "Did I ever use Yele money for personal benefits? Absolutely not."