newcastle : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a port city in northeastern England on the River Tyne; a center for coal exports (giving rise to the expression `carry coals to Newcastle' meaning to do something unnecessary)
News & Articles
- Soccer-Kinnear set for Newcastle director of football role
June 16 (Reuters) - Former Newcastle United manager Joe Kinnear has been approached by the Premier League club to become its new director of football on a three-year deal, he said on Sunday. Kinnear was appointed at St James' Park after Kevin Keegan left the club in September 2008 but stepped aside in early 2009 due to heart problems. "I'm as fit as a fiddle now. I'm delighted with the situation ...
June 16, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Sports
- Kinnear Says He’s Rejoining Newcastle as Director of Football
Joe Kinnear said he’s returning to Newcastle United as director of football with a three-year contract at the Premier League soccer team.
June 16, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Newcastle storm victims, including Kylie Morgan, helped by Ohio residents
NEWCASTLE, OK — Communities continue the recovery process, following the ferocious tornado that traveled through Newcastle then ripped through Moore...
June 14, 2013 - Oklahoma's NewsChannel 4
- Kevin Keegan in International Herald Tribune
It remains my fervent wish to see Newcastle United do well in the future,Keegan said. "I feel incredibly sorry for the players, staff and most importantly the supporters. I have been left with no choice other than to leave."
- Johann Rupert in Sportinglife.com
Rupert added on Radio 5 Live: "I think it is a bit naughty. They use your name, you deny it - it is a total joke. If you Google me you find out I was supposed to be involved in Blackburn, which is untrue, and I'm now linked to Newcastle. I feel...