neutron : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an elementary particle with 0 charge and mass about equal to a proton; enters into the structure of the atomic nucleus
- There most probably is a neutron, smallest bit, last resolvable particle of Matter.
- President Valry Giscard d'Estaing announced last month that France had tested its own Enhanced Radiation Weapon (ERW), commonly known as the neutron bomb.
- One of the most puzzling known particles of the atom is the neutron, the uncharged building block of the nucleus.
News & Articles
- Hardware Roundup: Wednesday Edition
It's the middle of another week, which means a perfect time to check out the latest hardware reviews and news. If you're in the market for a new SSD, we have a review on the Corsair Neutron GTX 19nm 240GB model for you to check out. It could be just what your computer or laptop need for a nice speed boost and a good amount of storage. We also have a review on the FC8 Evo case from Streacom that ...
June 19, 2013 - Overclockers Club
- Mark Steyn in Seattle Times
Unless it corrects course within the next five to 10 years, Europe by the end of this century will be a continent after the neutron bomb: the grand buildings will still be standing but the people who built them will be gone,Canadian...
- Chas Freeman in USA Today
Chas Freeman, a retired US ambassador to Saudi Arabia, said naming Bolton to the UN job was "the equivalent of dropping a neutron bomb on the organization."
- Brian Cox in BBC News
Dr Brian Cox, a particle physicist from Cern, said: "These papers describe what was cutting-edge science at the time. The sheer amount of knowledge that these papers contain amazes me - only eight years after Chadwick discovered that a neutron even...