neuritis : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n inflammation of a nerve accompanied by pain and sometimes loss of function
- Among them: cyclist's pudendal neuritis (genital numbness from marathon bike rides on poorly padded seats), water-skier's enema (the result of high-speed falls in a sitting .
- Iproniazid was soon retired from widespread use because it produced undesirable side effects, such as dizziness, constipation, difficulty in urination, and neuritis.
- Doctors thought that they had evidence that waters so treated would cure chronic arthritis, gout, neuritis, high blood pressure.
- Jonathan Papelbon in Boston Globe (registration)
It's called ulnar neuritis,said Papelbon, who had joked that it was the "Elton John elbow injury - nagging, like Elton John's music." "It's when the ulnar ligament pops out of its groove. It's not a big deal, but it's something that...