nepotism : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n favoritism shown to relatives or close friends by those in power (as by giving them jobs)
- It is absolutely laughable that the politicians have the nerve to accuse the bureaucrats of nepotism. It is a case of the pot calling the kettle black. .
- There is no Federal law against nepotism.
- Weeks later, Mahathir was hinting that Abdullah should step down, alleging corruption and nepotism within the new administrationalbeit without offering proof of any wrongdoing.
News & Articles
- Union alleges nepotism in promotions at DHS, Coggs Human Services
Some state workers say nepotism influences promotions and bonuses at the Department of Health Services and Milwaukee's Coggs Human Services Center.
June 13, 2013 - CBS 58 Milwaukee
- Nepotism Alive and Wrong
Nepotism: “Favoritism by those in power extended toward relatives, esp. by appointing them to desirable positions.” That’s Webster’s definition.
June 12, 2013 - The Missourian
- Report: Nepotism Is Accepted At Department Of Energy
A new report about nepotism at the Department of Energy found that a senior official within the department used his influence to secure internships for his three college-aged children. The report, “Alleged Nepotism and Wasteful Spending in the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy,” by the office of the Inspector General also said the official defended his actions and said that doing ...
June 11, 2013 - Opposing Views
- Jerry Rawlings in International Herald Tribune
Rawlings said Monday that Ghana confronts "pervasive corruption at all levels, missed opportunities for genuine progress, nepotism, tribalism and known cases of political torture and killings."
- Micky Arison in Gainesville Sun
The issue was more, I would say, pressure from executives that I wasn't deserving to be there and the nepotism issue and all those kind of things,Arison said. "At times it was difficult, on the other hand there was great opportunity."
- Bob Boone in USA Today
I've been trained to watch my kids as a professional and cut the nepotism part out,Bob said. "While it's so unique, it's kind of business as usual for us. That's the way I was raised. All the kids, that's the only job we've known. This is...