nephrosis : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a syndrome characterized by edema and large amounts of protein in the urine and usually increased blood cholesterol; usually associated with glomerulonephritis or with a complication of various systemic diseases
- n a disease affecting the kidneys
- In treating children for the complex kidney ailment of nephrosis, doctors have two common problems in uncommonly severe form: 1) how to decide when a child has the disorder, 2 .
- Blood transfusions have saved countless lives, but a patient who might have recovered without transfusions may die of hemoglobinuric nephrosis and anuria i.
- Among the common forms of kidney disease that are not caused by inflammation is one that used to be called nephrosis, but is now labeled the nephrotic syndrome.